Curry leaves or kadi patta are popular in India because of its aroma and striking taste. The curry leaf tree was originally grown in India for its aromatic leaves. It slowly made way to many Asian kitchens because of its amazing and distinct flavour.
However, there is much more to curry leaves apart from their distinct flavour. Curry leaves can also be used for weight loss. They are rich in Vitamin A, B, C and B2. Curry leaves are also said to be good sources of iron and calcium. Because of this reason, curry leaves are used as part of folklore medicine to treat calcium deficiency and several other conditions.
Health Benefits of Curry Leaves
- Helps in treating dysentery, constipation and diarrhea
- Weight loss
- Relieves morning sickness and nausea
- Eliminates bacteria
- Good for diabetics
- Good for eyesight
- Reduce stress
- Heals wounds, burns and skin eruptions
- Hair growth
- Improves memory
- Curry leaves – 2 cup.(tightly packed).
- urad dal – 1/4 cup.
- Channa dal – 1/4 cup.
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Pepper Corns – 1 tsp.
- salt – to your taste
- tamarind – Gooseberry size.
- Red chillies – 15 (more or less, to your taste)
Wash the curry leaves, and drain it. Spread the washed curry leaves in cloth at shade, and let it dry, till the moisture in it, goes off.
- Dry roast- cumin seeds and pepper corns in a Vessel/kadai, till you get nice aroma(Smell).
- Dry roast urad dal and chanadal, till you get nice aroma from the dal’s, and also it lightly turns golden brown.
- Dry roast Red chillies for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Dry roast, curry leaves till it is crisp. if you crush in hands it should break.do not burn.
- Dry roast the tamarind, till the moisture in it goes off.
- Dry grind everything, in a mixie or blender to a fine Powder with required salt.
Serve it with Snacks, Rice or with any Side dish