7 Health Benefits of Curd
Curd, also known as yogurt, is a popular dairy product that has numerous health benefits. Here are some of the potential health benefits of consuming curd:
- Good for digestion: Curd is a rich source of probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that promote healthy digestion. These probiotics help to maintain a healthy balance of gut bacteria, which in turn can help to reduce digestive issues such as bloating, gas, and constipation. In addition, the probiotics in curd can also help to prevent and treat diarrhea caused by infections.
- Boosts immunity: The probiotics in curd have been shown to boost the immune system, which can help to prevent infections and illnesses. Probiotics work by stimulating the production of immune cells, such as T-cells and antibodies, which help to fight off harmful pathogens.
- Provides calcium: Curd is a good source of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Calcium is also important for nerve function, muscle function, and blood clotting.
- Lowers cholesterol: Curd has been shown to be effective in reducing LDL or bad cholesterol levels in the body. This is because the probiotics in curd can help to break down bile acids, which are involved in the absorption of cholesterol. As a result, the body excretes more cholesterol, which helps to lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Good for weight loss: Curd is a low-fat, low-calorie food that can be a healthy addition to any weight loss diet. It is high in protein, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer, reducing the temptation to snack on unhealthy foods. In addition, the probiotics in curd have been shown to help with weight loss by reducing inflammation in the body, which can contribute to obesity.
- Reduces inflammation: Chronic inflammation is a risk factor for many chronic diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. The probiotics in curd have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce inflammation in the body and prevent the onset of these diseases.
- May help prevent cancer: Some studies have suggested that curd may have cancer-fighting properties, particularly in preventing colon and breast cancer. This may be due to the presence of probiotics, which have been shown to have anti-cancer properties.
While it’s true that some people may experience digestive issues after consuming curd, such as bloating or discomfort, this is not necessarily true for everyone. In fact, for most people, curd can be a healthy addition to their diet and provide numerous health benefits.
It’s also not true that curd will necessarily make you cold or make you fat. These are myths and not based on scientific evidence. Curd is a low-fat, low-calorie food that can be a healthy addition to a balanced diet, especially when consumed in moderation.
Studies have indeed shown that people who include curd in their daily diet may have an increased lifespan. This is likely due to the many health benefits of curd, including its ability to promote healthy digestion, boost immunity, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer.
Furthermore, curd can also be beneficial for maintaining a youthful appearance. The probiotics in curd have been shown to improve skin health by reducing inflammation and promoting collagen production, which can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
In summary, while some people may experience digestive issues after consuming curd, it can be a healthy and beneficial food for most people when consumed in moderation. It’s important to choose plain, unsweetened varieties that are low in fat to maximize the health benefits.
Overall, curd is a nutritious and healthy food that can provide numerous health benefits when consumed as part of a balanced diet. However, it’s important to choose plain, unsweetened varieties that are low in fat to maximize the health benefits.