What are the types of dialysis
What is Dialysis? What are the types of dialysis? What are the procedure nursing management should take before and during the hemodialysis?
Dialysis is a process through we can removes the excess water and nitrogenous wastes, it also reduces the manifestation of renal failure.
The dialysis are of types
2. Peritoneal dialysis
Before Hemodialysis procedure what process should follow
1. The patient should monitor the vital signs.
2. The nurse should check the weight of the patient.
3. The nurse should monitor laboratory values before dialysis.
4. The nurse should assess the client for fluid overload before the procedure.
5. The nurse should assess the patency of blood access device.
6. The nurse should hold anti – hypertensive and other medications that can affect the BP before the procedure.
7. The main thing is that the nurse should provide adequate nutrition before the procedure.
8. The nurse have to monitor the signs of infection.
9. The nurse have to also monitor for respiratory distress.
10. The nurse have to verify continuity of shunt or the patient should access the catheter.
What are the procedure should follow during the Hemodialysis procedure:-
1. The nurse should assess the general condition of the patient during the procedure.
2.The nurse have to monitor the vital signs, temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
3.The nurse have to monitor internal AV shunt patency, frequent intervals palpate for distal thrill.
4. The nurse should auscultate for a bruit.
5. The nurse should notify the physician if she can find any kind of problems.
6.The patient should avoid trauma to shunt.
7. The nurse should place the patient in a supine position.
8.The nurse should have to measure all sources of input and output.
9. The nurse have to monitor for shock and hypovolemia during the procedure .
What are the steps should follow after the procedure?
1. The nurse should assess the general conditions of the patient.
2. The nurse should monitor the vitals.
3. The nurse should measure the temperature.
4. The nurse should check pulse.
5. The nurse should check respiration rate.
6. The nurse should measure blood pressure.
7. The nurse should check the weight of the patient.